Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My First Threat Into Lawsuit

On my last Weekend Update, I made a funny about some anti-cigarette campaign in Australia called "Butt Force." I and several other fans found it rather funny. However, it seems someone over there found me out (or one of my aussie fans ratted me out) and decided to email me a letter about how much pain I've caused from one joke on a shitty organization no one really cares about. Here is the letter:

Greetings, Grey Fox, or whoever you are.

I have come into possession of your URL and saw that our organization was mentioned in your email rather unfairly and inapropriately. We are a proud organization that help prevent the littering of cigarette butts and smoking in restricted areas. I find it rather upsetting that you would tease such a righteous organization for a few laughs. Please cease and desist your criminal activity immediately.

Some dumb schmuck

Immediately, my physician, Doctor Pancakes went over this letter, possibly trying to crack The Da Vinci Code from it, but sadly, no luck. We also pondered on whether this note was for real or just a joke to get some attention. I found the part about the "criminal activity" to be quite amusing. hence why I couldn't take this letter seriously. Before I could respond, Doctor Pancakes had a few words of his own:

Hey,

Don't fuck with this site, bitch. No one gives a damn about your boring cliche of fat asses and wrinkly faces doing something either than smoking crack and whoring yourselves out for it. Go get some jobs, you hippie fags.

I found this to be of an equal joke for the individual and a fair bit of advice. Unfortunately, The Butt Force wasn't convinced and came back with this:

Mr. Grey Fox,

Your doctor sent me a very rude email, signaling to me that you are not taking this seriously. If you do not remove your comment about us from your site, we will take legal action for libel.

The same dumb schmuck

This is the best prank I've had played on me, I said after reading this. Libel for making fun of someone when everyone else does it as well. Like I've said over and over, these "causes" are merely cults in disguise. I've had light hearted threats, jokes, and celibate losers attack me before. Do I go onto their site and threaten to sue them for saying stuff about things I like? Of course not. Taking a stand over something retarded is no different from being in a cult."He made fun of anime, he's evil!" Yeah, great logic. "He's making fun of Butt Force!" Yeah, I am. Change the gay name and maybe I'll take interest (even though I won't). I decided to write back to him:

Greetings, Mr. Schmuck

After thuroughly examining your letter through several tests involving a gerbil, a wheel, a bunch of cool lasers with multiple mirrors, and some office sex with my lawyer and fiancee, we have come to the conclusion that your email does not contain any secrets into cracking The Da Vinci code. We also thought it might have clues to the National Treasure, but unfortunately, we had no luck in deciphering anything from that as well. If The Butt Force has any members willing to go on our hunt for riches and terrible acting, we would like in on it with you as well. My doctor also wants to mention that if the comment is taken down from the site, it could be very damaging on real people's self-esteem, like mine. I don't feel like sinking to the level of bored adults picking up after smokers. Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to feed the hard copy of this letter to The Truth's goat. If you would like to buy one of our awesome goats from us, please contact Doctor Pancakes ASAP. I'm sure they love the taste of rolled tobacco.

Some Asshole named Grey Fox

No responses yet. It's been four days. I'll give it a little longer and if I don't get a letter in the mail (which I won't), I'll be very disappointed....for about 2 seconds.

grey.fox37@gmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, that's great! I wonder if my town here has a butt force.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home