Friday, June 16, 2006

Dorms

Nostalgia set in...

I remember freshmen year. The dorms... the foul smell of sweat, rotting food and weed.

I also remembered all the funny little feuds going on between new "roomies". It was always funny to hear the pranks being played on one another.

My friend Pat told me about all the rumors of the clogged up toilets. I somehow manage to laugh now, even though at the time he had to live through the harassment of fellow students that shared the same dormitory that thought he was the culprit.

I somehow missed those times.

Times where room mates snitching to the resident assistant (RA) about his room mate lighting incense. Yes, lighting incense is forbidden. You know those 18, 19, 20 year old pyromaniacs.

I still wouldn't want to go back. Every weekend was a battle and I beat myself up internally, because I thought I was strong minded to resist temptation. Playstation, Xbox or going to the library to read Beowulf (british literature is SOOOO boring) or about Porfirio Diaz's reign in post-colonial Mexico (Mexican history wasn't bad, but it also couldn't replace Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell on Xbox either).

(And for your information, I'm typing in courier. Everyone knows Courier makes your writing look more verbose and lengthy than what it really is. It's the cheaters' trick to get those page minimums in lectures. If you're a college student and haven't learned that, WAKE UP. I knew that trick in high school. Some professors have caught on and say they want size 10, Times New Roman-it looks the most professional, but is really small.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home