Monday, December 19, 2005

Two Movie Reviews

My sister informed me that the response to my article on the cat girl foundation was: "for someone who doesn't care, he sure had a lot to say."

Of course I did, you schmuck. I have a lot to say for humor's sake and for my fans. Be grateful I even wrote about you at all, you two bit loser!

Caveman Joe said...
Heheh. Good rant, matey. This line in particular made me giggle like a schoolgirl:"I'm going to have my sister email them with a link to this story."Top form.

Gee, what can I say? My sister has the uncanny ability to make people giggle like a schoolgirl (and get involved in her brother's satire, grooovvvyyyyy).

Moving on, two new movies I have seen:

Aeon Flux

The anime series kicks major ass and it was only a matter of time before they would make it a live action. Charlize Theron takes the role of the dominatrix by day, spy by night Monican agent, Aeon Flux. Sadly, the dominatrix part is taken out. Drag. The weirdness (technologies, people, species, locations, etc), is kept in. Good. The philosophy that Trevor Goodchild sprouts in the anime is no where to be seen. MAJOR DRAG. Theron sounds a lot like Aeon's anime character. Excellent. I had a love/hate relationship with this movie. The action was fun, the acting wasn't awful, and the plot was interesting (explains how Aeon kept coming back from dying so much in the first and second seasons, I guess, heh), but the lack of philosophy and the fact the idiots made it PG-13 instead of extending out to the sexual libidos the series is known for, I can't rate it higher than 3.5, but keep in mind, this is a STRONG 3.5. (***1/2)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Waredrobe

Despite a rather poor soundtrack, this movie stays true to the book and was fun and exciting to watch. Each actor fit their role perfectly (especially Lucy, she was extremely adorable and made me want to have a daughter like her). The scenary and effects were marvelous and die hard fans can finally see their favorite locations in Narnia come to life at last. I am unsure if the other three books are on their way to being made into movies, but if they are, they will be great as well. A must see. (*****)

Now, all I need is that damn Rainbow Six movie to come out and my favorite fantasy series, Shannara, to become a movie as well. Hell, Splinter Cell wouldn't hurt either.

Coming up next: Grey Fox's Games of the Year 2005

I have my game of the year already picked from October. That's the only hint you get.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that caveman joe was trying to move in on yer territory der. good job on keepin yer cool :P

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home