Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Gothic Subculture is Waning on me

Marilyn Manson is quite a guy. He is intelligent, kind, and quite an interesting individual. His music, on the other hand, isn't for everyone (and when I say it that way, I am referring to music tastes, not stupid cliques). He lets out his rage and his feelings on life through many of his songs. Hey, that's not a bad thing at all. My problem is that link. That forum has to be one of the most hypocritical places on the net. This was another forum I decided to join in and act like a jackass to see what kind of reactions I would get.

The rules clearly state no hatred to one another, no selling drugs, NO SEXUAL PREFERENCES (remember this one), etc, etc.

Ok, that seems fair enough. Well, here is the catch. i have already gone through several posts of people describing how they masturbate, how they like to make love (but we know its sex, not love), how they mutilate themselves, and so on. Un-freaking-believable. They broke just about EVERY rule in the damn site! And yet, the posts remain and people even answer to them!!! What the hell is going on in this society? We are now giving out our personal lives to total and absolute strangers on the internet that could be 50 year old perverts for all we know (then again, that is more likely to occur in a chat rather than in a forum, since forums are usually full of geeks and nerds anyway. But wait, Grey fox, don't you post in forums as well? Yeah, I do, but i don't give out my frickin life story to a bunch of strangers)?

As for the mutilation, gee, that kind of falls under the category of hatred to another. Well, yes, YOU are considered another and you are being hateful to yourself talking about committing suicide and so on. Whoop, YOU'RE BANNED IN MY BOOK!

One topic asked when you started to cut yourself. Well, seeing that we're all friends here, on the safe and secure internet, i'll post my answers for my fans:

1. how old are you- 1,024 MB old 2. when was it that you first self-injured?- at the age of 14MB 3. why? because i'm a big loser who hates life just because people perceive me as different, so i decide to cut myself like a fucking coward instead of moving on in life 4. how long have you been doing it?- every single day i add a new one because i want sympathy and everyone else does it. i am afraid that if i don't do it, i'll be laughed at by my fellow goths. even though they claim that they don't care about differences, they still make fun of me and others because they are sad fucks that are afraid of people better than us. 5. are you afraid of people finding out?- of course i am. my mommy and daddy will take away my nintendo and then i'll have to go to a mental home where i belong6. do you try to hide your scars?- nope, showing my scars makes me a man, unlike the pussies that hide them7. what influences do you have in your life that lead to this action?- my mommy for not letting me go out past 9. my daddy for telling me to get a real life and stop hating everything. my peers who i pretend to act superior around, but its all in vain because they are right about me being a loser8. have you been sexually abused?- yes9. physically? - by my hand10. mentally?- by my sick and twisted fetishes that creeps everyone out but i don't care because i pretend to be better than them when i should be locked away for good11. have you been in a Psychiatric hospital?- yes, my mind, but its not good at helping me because i am such a poser12. who do you live with? (mom, dad, step dad, grandma, ect.)- i live with satan and his bitch13. what do you use to Self-injure?- sharp legos14. any other information i should know?- yeah, if you took this seriously, you're a dumbass, ha ha ha

Now, many of you would probably be getting a chuckle out of this while others would find this mean and hurtful. Its satire and it's sarcasm. If you can't take the heat, go back to Russia.

It brings me to the topic of gothics. I don’t entirely have anything against gothics, but there are some that piss me off so much. My girlfriend is a bit gothic, but she doesn’t act like a total pseudo-intellectual loser like many try to be.

Look at many of them, they look sick, palely, dress up like vampires, and are always depressed. Yet, these people always wonder why they are misunderstood or ridiculed. I hate to say this people, but this society runs on a “judge a book by its cover” mentality. There is no escaping it. You will be ridiculed because people are afraid of differences.


That's not even the worse part. Gothic people think they are so unique and special when the reality is they just dress differently and listen to music about how much life sucks. But, you have to sit back and think (this goes double for Linkin Park and Evanesence or however the hell you spell it): do you REALLY think these singers have terrible lives? I don't. Why? Because they make more money faster than a jack rabbit on a hot date. and why else is that? Because you sheep flock to these hortrible groups whose songs sound the same over and over and practically make them rich and famous. And don't start that "you're just jealous they have talent and you don't" crap. I could care less if I wasn't rich and famous. As long as I have a steady and fun career, a good amount of income, and some nice goodies and vacations once in a while, I am absolutely content. I work for my future, not sit back like a whiny nancy boy and make up poems about how much life sucks just because such and such band said so. STOP LIVING MUSICIAN'S LIVES AND LIVE YOUR OWN!!!!

You are not special, unique, or scary. You're just a clique. But wait, Grey Fox, aren't sports and games and anime, etc cliques as well. Sure, if you join them. They are just hobbies to me, not whole lifestyles.

Something Awful has some post examples on it as well. Just read what these people write and you tell me if that's breaking forum rules or not. Hell, tell me if its creepy to you as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home